Helpful Resources for Breeders
Quite often I get asked questions like:
1) Where did you learn about breeding?
2) How do you know about feline genetics?
3) Are you a vet? How do you know about feline illnesses?
I am relatively new at breeding sphynx BUT I study A LOT. I read A LOT. I practice A LOT. I research everything and I'm always looking to streamline processes.
I've been a professional student all my life and now breeding gives me more excuses to sponge up more info.
I will try to use this page as a place to post some of the resources I have found useful.. so check back regularly!
1) "Breeding Pedigreed Cats" by Vella and McGonagle
2) "Robinson's Genetics for Cat Breeders & Veterinarians" by Vella, McGonagle, Shelton and Stanglein
3) "Cat Owner's Home Veterinary Handbook" by Eldredge, Carlson, Carlson and Giffin